ACT- Youth in movement
ACT is a project started in January 2017 and lasting two years, financed by KA3 of Erasmus+ programme. Per Esempio takes part as a partner in the project leaded by Adice association (Roubaix, France). Other project partners are: Dynamo (Brussels, Belgium), MEH (Liverpool, UK), Kane (Kalamata, Greece), USB (Tessalonica, Greece).
ACT project aims at creating innovative citizen pathways for young people with fewer opportunities, providing them with the chance to carry out a volunteering project with migrants or refugees in Greece or Italy. The project will involve 54 youngsters from the deprived neighborhoods of Roubaix, Liverpool and Brussels and from Greece and Italy in volunteering projects supporting vulnerable migrants.
The main objectives are:
– developing volunteering projects to promote the inclusion and integration of unemployed young people at risk of exclusion or victims of discriminations and potential radicalization;
– allowing these young people to get involved with newly arrived migrants in order to develop values of citizenship, solidarity and tolerance;
– disseminating good practices and success stories of the young people involved and making their experience known in their sending communities, especially in the deprived neighborhoods they come from. The objective is to attract other people towards volunteering projects and to fight against the risk of isolation and violent radicalization.
In order to achieve these aims, the 6 partners of the project will:
– share existing good practices related to sending and hosting volunteers;
– create a new training for young people so that they can work properly with newly arrived migrants or refugees;
– Send 45 volunteers in projects in Greece and Italy (in projects with migrants);
– organize 9 volunteering projects at local level;
– create videos and dissemination tools illustrating citizen pathways of the volunteers, before their departure and during their project to show the values of engagement and solidarity;
– disseminate these good practices and these videos in the deprived neighborhoods to fight against exclusion and radicalization;
– work closely with institutions and organize a large dissemination event at the end in Brussels involving decision makers in order to make recommendations on youth policy.
Therefore, projects activities will include transnational meetings, volunteering projects in Italy and Greece and the creation and dissemination of the outputs of the project.