Following the experience gathered between 2016 and 2017 in Edu-Action project, Per Esempio Onlus has designed Edu-Action 2.0. This project follows up a path designed to foster transnational mobility and non formal learning of twelve youth workers operating in organizations committed to combat early school leaving.
The acquisition and exchange of new skills and methods concerning the fight to early school leaving will be the main objective of this action. The youth workers involved are all members of partner organizations, that are:
- Per Esempio Onlus, Italy (project coordinator)
- Asociación Uruguaya de Difusión del Español como Lengua Extranjera, Uruguay
- Asociación Mundus – Un Mundo a tus Pies, Spain
- Resource Hub for Development, Kenya
- Seiklejate Vennaskond, Estonia
- Campaign for Change, Nepal
Edu-Action will promote a double level of mobility:
- mobility for organizations’ staff. Staff members will be involved in different project meetings and in a study visit in Estonia and Kenya, the only partner countries where youth work is formally acknowledged;
- mobility for youth workers. They will experience a one-month job shadowing in local sending organization and another month at one of partner organizations, for a total period of 60 days. Through informal and non formal learning methods such as learning by doing and active participation, the twelve youth workers will experience and learn new instruments and strategies to improve their socio-educational approach.
A research about non formal education and youth work impact on formal education and school drop out prevention will be transversal to all project. It will be carried out by the University of Palermo – Department of Psychological, Pedagogical and Educational Sciences. Moreover, as Edu-Action 2.0 final outputs will be created:
- a publication containing information about the project, research findings and recommendations based on participants’ field experiences;
- a raising awareness campaign about the importance of education, focusing on early school leaving consequences and will be spread on social profiles of project partners.
Edu-Action 2.0 (Capacity Building in the field of Youth – ACPALA) is a project co-financed by Erasmus+ programme. It will take place from December 2018 and April 2020.