Marielle – Never stop rising
Marielle – Never stop rising is a project conceived in memory of the Brazilian activist Marielle Franco, killed in March 2018 in circumstances never fully clarified. It aims at favoring the exchange of good practices and the professional and personal enrichment of operators working with vulnerable women, victims or possible victims of violence/discrimination and at risk of social exclusion.
The life of Marielle Franco, a woman deeply committed in the struggle for civil rights and in the search for justice, becomes the inspiration for this initiative aiming to offer a concrete contribution to the spread of a culture based on the respect of gender differences and attentive to women’s self-determination processes.
Marielle’s objective is to promote female empowerment paths and to prevent episodes of violence against women at risk of marginalization, intervening directly on educators and social workers and indirectly on women at risk of exclusion.
In particular the project intends to:
– encourage educators and social workers to acquire specific skills in supporting women at risk of marginalization, victims of gender violence and discrimination, through an international exchange of good practices;
– increase the reaction and stimulate the development of life skills in women at risk and victims of violence, in order to support them in the process of emancipation from the condition of marginality and oppression;
– improve organizations’ commitment in the empowerment and prevention of discrimination and violence against women, creating a European network that acts locally and internationally using active methods.
The project involves the creation of three training events dedicated to educators and operators engaged in activities related to gender rights. The topics covered will be:
- economic empowerment of women;
- socialization and self-esteem as a tool for self-efficacy;
- social tailoring as a tool for the emergence of gender violence and for recognizing the importance of the relationship between women, operators and the urban environment in which they live.
After each training, the partner organizations will develop and carry out local workshops in order to experiment the methodologies learned.
At the end of the project, a final video and a booklet of good practices for operators – with specific focus on the emergence and management of episodes of violence against women – will be produced to spread the results achieved.
Marielle – Never stop rising is a project supported by the KA 2 – Strategic partnerships for adult education (Exchange of good practices) of the Erasmus + program. It lasts from September 2019 to April 2022 and is realized by Per Esempio Onlus (coordinator, Italy), Fundaciò SURT (Spain), Merkuri (Georgia), Social Empowerment Hub (Greece), Association Euni Partners (Bulgaria), Small Projects Istanbul ( Turkey), Associazione Handala (Italy).
In order to carry out Marielle, in 2019 the leading organization – Per Esempio Onlus – has received public funds amounting to € 47.427,20.