N.E.T. for Neet – New Employability Trends is a project developed in the framework of THE European Solidarity Corps (ESC) of Erasmus+ programme and supported by ANG – Agenzia Nazionale Giovani. This initiative has been designed in partnership with Asociaciòn Mundus (Spain), United Societies of Balkans (Greece) e Hors Pistes (France), and foresees a 9-month mobility activity starting from November 2019 in Palermo (Sicily, Italy). It involves six young people aged between 18 and 30 years (two for each partner organization).
The objective of N.E.T. for Neet is to make young people live an experience in a non-formal learning context, with the aim of enhancing their personal, socio-educational and professional development. The project intends to focus on young NEETs to set in motion opportunities that can break their extreme distrust and trigger a process that brings their vitality and desire to learn back into play.
Following the objectives of the European Solidarity Corps, our project aims to:
– promote the inclusion and equal opportunities of young people with fewer opportunities;
– improving the level of key competences of young people by promoting solidarity, active citizenship, intercultural dialogue and social inclusion;
– strengthen the international dimension of the activity of and with young people in particular by promoting their mobility and the cooperation between youth organizations.
The young participants will live an important experience of personal and professional growth. They will experience a socio-educational path that will stimulate their reflection on the phenomenon of marginalization in the neighbourhoods of Borgo Vecchio, Ballarò and ZEN in Palermo: these are areas strongly featured by high levels of social exclusion and in which, as a no profit organization, we run a centre against early school leaving, cooperate with a structure against gender violence and work with several educational bodies, among which there is an interethnic kindergarten.
In these structures, the volunteers will be actively involved in the implementation of many activities, such as:
- school support and expressive, creative and music workshops with youngsters;
- city tours, excursions for children and families;
- expressive-creative laboratories addressed to mothers, focusing on strengthening parental skills;
- support activities for local and migrant families who have not access to public childcare services.
The volunteers will also work with Per Esempio staff on operative tasks concerning project designing and implementation. This way they will:
– increase their learning opportunities in non-formal education field;
– improve the level of their 8 key competences;
– enhance their awareness about the value of voluntary activities;
– get closer to issues such as active citizenship, intercultural dialogue, social inclusion, solidarity;
– improve foreign language competences;
– enhance their communicative, organizational, social skills.
In order to carry out N.E.T. for Neet, in 2019 the leading organization – Per Esempio Onlus – has received public funds amounting to € 39.715,20.